Monday, September 13, 2010

The Beatles first visit in the US

It is February 1964, I am so enthusiastic to see the Beatles in the Ed Sullivan show for the first time. My friends and I are in New York City for the weekend. We are going to see the handsome group of men; John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. We are sittng in the very front row waiting on pins and needle when Ed Sullivan finally introduces them. All we can hear is screaming and clapping as they start playing "All My Loving". As we spring up with our hands in the air, we can't help to sing along with them. Suddenly John Lennon looks at me and calls me to the stage to join them. I can't believe my lucky stars as he takes my hands to help me up. The band starts playing and I recognize the song "I Want To Hold Your Hand" as John starts singing to me. I was like a dog with two tails. When the song ended, John told me to meet him back stage. I enjoyed listening and watching the rest of the concert with my friends who are now very jealous of me. After the concert, I met with John and he signed my newly purchased CD of the Beatles. I left the concert overjoyed and vowing to never wash my hands again. It was a very blissul and delightful night and one I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Good start Graziel. Focus on descriptive words. Try to include some similes and metaphors.

    ReplyDelete